- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit Card Details
- Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
- Logs of IP Addresses, Timer Logs, Audit Logging, Accounting and other information
Our web servers gather your IP address and other information about your web browser, platform, and activities on our site to assist with the diagnosis of problems or providing support of the use of our services, along with other purposes as described here. We also acquire such information to assist with with identifying specific devices and users and their activities. We further may record information about login times, page visits, time spent in courses, what pages have been viewed, and potentially any 0ther information that may be needed to:
(i) Ensure our site is functioning correctly (tracing and debugging)
(ii) Ensure course completions are accurate and recorded
(iii) Assist us to solve technical issues
(iv) Assist us to understand and solve business/process issues
(v) Understand end-user behaviour and activites engaged in on our site
(vi) Assist in gathering any information required by a registered Government body or agency that we must comply with, including the NSW Education Standards Authority to assist us in the compliance with any reporting obligations we may have (including logging hours with NESA on behalf of teachers completing courses with us)
(vii) Security purposes
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- Your personal information may be stored on servers in multiple countries, including but not limited to Australia and the United States of America
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
CREATED: THE 11th DAY OF MAY 2020